If you know the definitions for even half these vocabulary words, give yourself an A+.
Match the terms below with their definitions. See the bottom of this post for the answers.
1. Apercu (pronounced: a per SOO)
2. Concomitant (pronounced: kahn KAH muh tuhnt)
3. HabituÃ© (pronounced: hu BI choo ay)
4. Lagniappe (pronounced: LAN yap)
5. Nabob (pronounced: NAY bob)
6. Paucity (pronounced: PAW suh tee)
7. Peregrinations (pronounced: pe ruh gri NAY shunz)
8. Raconteur (pronounced: ra kahn TER)
9. Tendentious (pronounced: ten DEN shuhs)
10. Verisimilitude (pronounced: ve ruh si MI luh tood)
A. An item given free to a customer with the purchase of another item
C. A small amount or insufficiency
D. The appearance of being true or real
E. Having a definite tendency, bias or purpose
F. Accompanying; attendant
G. A person who excels at telling stories
H. A very rich or important person
I. A person who frequents a particular place
J. A quick impression or insight
(Scroll the page so you can’t see the answers until you’re ready.)
1J, 2F, 3I, 4A, 5H, 6C, 7B, 8G, 9E, 10D
Also, you might want to try Vocabulary Quiz: More 50-cent Words.
Copyright 2007 WordPlayBlog.com
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.